Segenhoe Stud is offering an exciting opportunity for an experienced industry person to join our successful thoroughbred stud as General Manager.
Segenhoe Stud is located in Scone NSW in the upper Hunter Valley. It is a world-class stud farm featuring approximately 10km of Hunter River frontage. The stud recently expanded, doubling in size to 1700 acres, with the acquisition of five new properties and the development of a state-of-the-art, 200 acre spelling and rehabilitation complex.
The owners have developed a significant bloodstock portfolio and are seeking a manager with a high level of knowledge and expertise in all aspects of managing a thoroughbred stud farm, including breeding, foaling, nutrition, breaking/pre-training, spelling and agistment.
Key responsibilities would include sales and marketing of the stud and bloodstock, management of overall breeding activity and our high quality band of broodmares, yearling preparation and sales, management of the new spelling complex, and building up and establishing positive relationships with third party clients.
Other key responsibilities and desirable skills include:
- Strong relationships within the industry both on a national and international level.
- High-level communication skills, enthusiasm and motivation.
- Excellent animal husbandry skills involving the daily care and breeding activities associated with horses.
- Pasture, farm, and infrastructure skills.
- Experience in foaling down of mares.
- Confident leadership and decision-making skills.
- Administrative tasks such as marketing, budgeting, reporting, planning and management of physical and financial resources.
- Overall recruitment, supervision and management of all stud staff with integrity and respect.
- Previous experience working with Stallions would be desirable for future planning.
High quality on farm family accommodation is supplied and an attractive salary package is negotiable depending on knowledge, skills and experience. All applicants will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The start date for the position is January 2014.