Segenhoe Stud is one of Australia’s most prestigious stud farms situated in the Hunter Valley. An exciting opportunity has come available for someone with a proven finance background. Due to the growth of the stud we are looking for a new person to join the team.
The Financial Accountant/Finance Manager will take ownership of the finance function working closely with the GM to ensure the efficient management of the day-to-day financial needs of the Company.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Quarterly board & Monthly management reports
• Preparation of budgets & reporting, maintaining general ledger
• Managing work of bookkeeper, payroll & HR function
• Management of all statutory reporting
• Maintaining accounting controls - policies and procedures
• Managing cash flow requirements of the Group
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• Professional accounting qualification (CA, CPA or equivalent)
• Experience using Ardex Software (Horse industry specific) is preferable however not necessary
• Ability to work independently
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop & maintain long-term relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to work under tight deadlines